We’re delighted to announce our 2016 Judging Route for the East Midlands In Bloom judge’s tour of Oakham on Thursday 14 July.
Starting with a presentation at Oakham Castle, the Oakham In Bloom committee will be hosting judge Simon Lucas for the tour, which will include the opportunity to meet our hardworking volunteers, supporters and project partners. Entries for the East Midlands In Bloom special awards have also been incorporated into the tour.
The tour will take in the following areas throughout the town:
- Oakham Castle
- Market Street, Market Place and The Buttercross
- Oakham School
- Church Passage and All Saints Church
- Cutts Close and the Bandstand
- Church Street
- Gaol Street
- High Street to Melton Road
- Lands’ End Way and Lands’ End gardens at the Outlet Shop
- Burley Road and Ladywell
- Willow Crescent and Woodland View
- The Oakham In Bloom Allotment
- Stamford Road
- The boat and bypass roundabouts
- Spitfire display bed
- Inner Wheel bicycle bed
- Uppingham Road
- Catmos Street and Bull Lane
- Oakham Library, including the Prairie bed, Sensory garden and Peacock
- Rutland County Museum courtyard garden
The tour will end with a lunch for the committee and guests at Rutland County Museum.